Danish Emergency Management Agency is an experienced partner in designing, planning, conducting and evaluating trainings and exercises within the field of civil protection. For many years DEMA has played a key role in training both national and international humanitarian aid and civil protection experts in coorporation with numerous international partners.
With the extensive experience in training and developing the knowledge and skills of humanitarian aid workers and civil protection experts DEMA is today using adult learning methodology and principles that ensure high involvement by the participants increasing the outcome of any training or exercise.
Right now DEMA is involved in the following international training and exercise projects:
- UCPM TP – Union Civil Protection Mechanism Training Programme
- Partner in the implementation of six to nine annual courses of the types Staff Management Course (SMC) and Security Course (SEC). The courses are conducted together with our partners the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) and the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences (EASS).
- Partner in the implementation of eight annual Operational Management Courses (OPM). The courses are conducted together with our partners the German Federal Agency for Technical relief (THW), the Italian Civil Protection Department (ICPD) and the National Commissioner of the Icelandic Police (NCPI).
- Partner in the implementation of two annual Seminars for Mechanism Experts (SME). The seminars are conducted together with our partners the Directorate General Fire Safety and Civil Protection – Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Bulgaria (DGFSCP), the German Federal Agency for Technical relief (THW), the Federal Office of Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance (BBK) and the Icelandic Department of Civil Protection (IDCP).
- PPRD East II – Prevention, Preparedness and Response to Natural and Man-made Disasters in the East Partnership Countries
- Partner in the implementation of the PPRD East II, the second phase of the programme for Prevention, Preparedness and Response to natural and manmade disasters in the Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine). The project is conducted together with our partners MWH, Crisis Management Centre Finland (CMC), Austrian Red Cross (AutRC) and CIMA Research Foundation. DEMA is primarily involved in the implementation of a range of civil protection training courses and exercises.
- ModEx – Exercises on Civil Protection Modules, Technical Assistance and Support Teams and European Union Civil Protection Teams
- Partner in the implementation of the design, planning, conduction and evaluation of three exercises for Urban Search and Rescue (USAR), Advanced Medical Post (AMP), Technical Assistance and Support Team (TAST) and experts of a European Union Civil Protection Team (EUCPT). The courses are conducted together with our partners German Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe, Crisis Management Centre Finland (CMC), Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior and Italian Civil Protection Department (ICPD).
- Customised courses
- For organisations with the need to train and exercise their own staff DEMA conducts customised courses either at a general level or as part of a mission specific training. For example DEMA does a lot of security training like Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT).
Last updated 2017-03-27 - 14:10