Planning is essential
DEMA is responsible for promoting and coordinating the planning for accidents and disasters that may have a serious adverse impact on critical functions of society. The agency's tasks in this area include:
- Counselling of national agencies and ministries regarding emergency planning
- Coordination of the National Emergency Plan
- Planning and conduct of national emergency management exercises
- Assessment and monitoring of national and cross-sector vulnerabilities
- Inspection and councelling of municipalities regarding their general emergency planning, as well as the dimensioning of municipal fire and rescue services
Courses and international co-operation
DEMA produces information material and arranges courses and activities to promote emergency planning and strengthen cooperation between relevant stakeholders.
DEMA participates in international co-operation on civil protection issues in the EU and NATO, and share experience bilaterally with similar counterparts in other countries such as Sweden, Norway and the United Kingdom.
Last updated 2017-12-11 - 12:51